"PIONEER PROFILES 7"
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The Port Phillip Pioneers Group
* * * *
- (a) To perpetuate the memory of, and create a greater awareness of, the part played by the Pioneers of early settlement in the area of the present State of Victoria:
- (b) To compile biographical and genealogical data of the Pioneers and their immediate families:
- (c) To preserve written and printed material which illustrates aspects of Pioneer settlement in Victoria.
Pioneer Profiles are now being accepted from members for Volume 7.
Please read the guidelines below and email your Profile to the Editor or ring (03) 9500 8118.
* * * *
GUIDELINES FOR CONTRIBUTORS
- Profile must be of your claimed and proven Ancestor.
- Profile of your Port Phillip Pioneers and the children that either came with them or were born in the Colony, including the children's spouses where possible.
- Story can contain brief family background and a description of their life in Australia.
- Method of arrival, if known (ship, overland etc.).
- A minimum of one page, maximum four, with or without images.
- Submissions to be made in electronic form (Word document) if possible. If not our editorial Team will type/transcribe the written material.
- Sources may be included if data requires it and it is not in the text. i.e. if the family story is not a documented one, say so (family folk lore says . . . ).
- Images are to be in highest quality possible and if electronic, in .jpeg format. If posting please send copies, not original images.
- All Profiles are subject to normal editing.
- The PPPG reserves the right to place on our website an Index of the Pioneers' names highlighted in the series of Profiles books.
News and Events
Home Page |
History & Aims |
PPPG visits the 'Enterprize' |
Newsletter Articles |
Pioneers Quiz |
Historic Buildings |